Rosie’s no bake tray bake
Picture this (probably just by taking a look out of the window). It’s summer. It’s sunny. It’s sticky. You desperately want a dessert, but just the thought of kicking the oven into gear has you breaking out in a hot sweat – fellow food fans, we’ve all been there.
Luckily for us though, A Rosie Blog has rustled up a super solution with this anti-oven no bake tray bake. Now, a raw recipe is a bold way to kick off the Nothing But Bake Off but, hey, we’ve always liked a risk taker biscuit maker.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup Crispy Rice cereal
½ cup chopped mixed dried fruit
½ cup chopped almonds
¼ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ mini chocolate chips
2 bags Apple & Fig Nothing But
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch(ish) baking dish
- Mix the rolled oats, rice cereal, dried fruit and almonds together in a large bowl. Add 2 bags of Nothing But’s Apple & Fig freeze-dried snacks.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the brown sugar, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk for about two minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour it over the oat mixture. Stir and combine.
- Spread the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press the chocolate chips into the top.
- Put in the fridge until chilled – preferably overnight but it should be done in one hour.
Check out the full blog post and all of the drool-worthy pics here.
Images provided by the fantastic : elliemdesign and arosieblog